cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Deriving SQL by executing the IE task code

ptc-4045806
1-Newbie

Deriving SQL by executing the IE task code

Hi All

Is there a way we can get hold of the underlying SQL by executing the IE task code and watch it to execute.

Any suggested tools or technicques?

The database is Oracle 11g.

Looking forward to your help

Thank you

Murugan

4 REPLIES 4

What is it exactly are you trying to accomplish? I have my little tips and tricks to extract data from the database so that way I can write my own reports, or resolve issues with the application without having to contact the painful support at PTC.

Hi Patrick Lee

There is a AS 400 program calls an intermediate Java program, which in turn executes an IE task on Windchill server to pull the information and gets the report. This program has been written for all the change objects in Windchill.

We need to build the SQL that executes on Windchill and pulls the same information as that of the program I stated above (as we wanted to do away with that old program). The program is built based on Workitems. Now, since the workitem are archived, we have to find an alternate way to make this SQL work without using workitem table

Can you help?

Thank you

Murugan

Murugan,

Before we get to far down the rabbit's hole. How famaliar are you with your Windchill Database?

Top Tags