cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Desktop Integration Issue

tszymanski
5-Regular Member

Desktop Integration Issue

Anyone seen this?

When trying to connect MSOffice to Windchill, I get the LDAP authentication login, and then upon login I get an error message stating that the server is unreachable. This happens with any conction to Windchill; from a MS product, registering a server in Creo, and through the windows explorer. I can ping the server and login just fine through any external browser. See screenshots. I have a call logged with PTC, but they have been unable to figure it out yet.

Thanks for the help!

Terry

7 REPLIES 7

Hi Terry, I would do the following:

If your version of IE or Java aren't supported you can get some strange errors. If this is the case do the following:

Check your Info*Engine adapters. You may need to restart Windchill. Log files or excerpts of error messages would be useful for aiding in troubleshooting.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone
cc-2
6-Contributor
(To:tszymanski)

Hi Terry

what version of WDI, MS Office are you using ?

Le Lundi 17 mars 2014 17h01, Terry Szymanski <tszymanski@nvgo.com> a écrit :

Anyone seen this?
When trying to connect MSOffice to Windchill, I get the LDAP authentication login, and then upon login I get an error message stating that the server is unreachable. This happens with any conction to Windchill; from a MS product, registering a server in Creo, and through the windows explorer. I can ping the server and login just fine through any external browser. See screenshots. I have a call logged with PTC, but they have been unable to figure it out yet.
Thanks for the help!
Terry
-----End Original Message-----

About the Preference Management Utility.

Caution

Regards

Darren

Hi Darren,

My take on it is that it will just download documents to hard disk or open
them in the preferred app if yo don't have this set so DTI cannot track the
file

From what I understand, when you go to open a file with DTI set Windchill
uses a helper file to launch the application (Office app) with the
necessary details so DTI can trace the file, a bit like opening a proe file
from Windchill without a linked session

Best Regards

Chris Collinson
CAD Administrator

I had some issues at first too. If you don't set the download mechanism to desktop integration, you will see the errors that you are getting or something similar. The comment about adding the site to the approved or trusted sites list is also necessary in order touse the integrated check in feature. I hope this helps.

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:tszymanski)

At Windchill 10.2, you should not need to change the Windchill Attachments preference, Download Mechanism, manually. PTC implemented a new client configuration that will go check the value of this preference and change it automatically once you have authenticated and connected.

The application cannot change this preference during installation, because we don't have user credentials and don't want to ask for them. Instead, we go check the preference when WTWindows is launched.

As far as how it does not work, Chris was spot on. If the download mechanism is set to Browser, all downloads will be handled by the browser's configuration and not the DTI application. Once changed to DTI, all Windchill downloads will be handled by the DTI application and directed to the right application. This was the primary reason we added the preference check in Windchill 10.2.

-Scott
Announcements

Top Tags