cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Did Similar User go away in WC10.0?

Bucknut
1-Newbie

Did Similar User go away in WC10.0?

In WC PDMLink 9... I could create new users by 'copying' them by choosing the similar to function within the edit user window. Now in 10.0 I don't find that ability. Has it been removed or am I just over looking something? The online documentation hasn't been helpful on this subject either. Just saying.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7

right click

16-41-50.png

Darren,

Thanks for the quick response but as you can see in the picture below the Save As line is not present. I believe I'll contact my VAR to find out what's up as they do our installs.

Unless you know how I can turn on this function....

edit_user.jpg

Regards,

Mark

"Save As New User" was available in WC 10.1 as of M020. I do not have access to a WC 10.0 system. Did you check the WC help for any additional infomation within your WC 10.0 system? I don't remember this functionality being availalbe in WC 10.0 M030.

Save As New User was added in 10.0 M050. See p. 21 of the Changes For This Release document:

http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/122226/en/WCChangesForThisRelease.pdf

Thanks Lori & Michael.

So if it was included in 10.0 M050 why doesn't it work in 10.1 M050?????? Did they remove it again? There is a help page but what it says does not work. There is NO right click point that brings up a "Save As New User" option. Line one of the Saving As a New User states: "Select Save As New User from the right-click actions menu of an existing user within the Participant Administration table." Right click actions menu? If that means to right click on the actions pull down why doesn't it say that? But even so all that happens is a standard windows set of options. If you place the cursor over an existing user and right click you get a No Actions to Display message.

PTC is so frustrating.

Moving on.......

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:Bucknut)

I am able to do a Save As New User in 10.1 M050:

3-13-2015 5-55-43 PM.jpg

3-13-2015 5-57-21 PM.jpg

What kind of user are you logged in as? Site admin?

Top Tags