cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Directory Server Admin

jtruitt
1-Newbie

Directory Server Admin

Is there only one admin that's set up at installation? No one in IT knows anything about this or has any kind of password. I tried the DN for the site admin and it didn't seem to work although I'm not sure I did the syntax correctly. Do admins setup through the site, org participant utility have any administration of the DS? Is there anyway to find out the admin info for this?

7 REPLIES 7
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:jtruitt)

You may find the password in the log files on the server where DS is installed.

There is also a text file that can be saved when installing Windchill that has a lot of information in it, and should be protected .

Is there a specific log/text file to look for? We found an HTML document with some info on the DN and password but it didn't work.

If you are on Windchill 10.2, as Ben mentioned you will find the password information in 'summary.htm' (<Windchill_Home>\PSI\installer\).

LDAP.png

Thank you for the help! Unfortunately we found the file and gave the password and DN a try but it still didn't authenticate. Is this just the initial install password and DN and could have been changed after?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:jtruitt)

Yes, those are what was entered by whomever installed DS and very easily could have been changed later by someone who know the original password. I take it that person is no longer working for your company.

You might find the updated DS password in 'app-Windchill-AuthProvider.xml. You can find it at <Apache_home>\conf\extra.

Hi Jordan,

Could you please share screenshot what you are trying and what error message you are getting ?

Regards,

Dipak

Top Tags