cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Disable a specific routing path in task

Sha11
12-Amethyst

Disable a specific routing path in task

Hello,

I have a requirement where I need to disable a specific option from the users to select in a change task. For example, if an activity has two options, Resubmit and Bypass, the option Bypass must be enabled only at certain conditions. Please let me know the feasibility of this one.

Thanks,

Sha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:Sha11)

One way (not the best) is to loop back to the task if the user chooses what they should not.

On the activity transition, when they choose that option, set a workflow variable, then have a conditional right after it on that path which loops back or continues on.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

One way (not the best) is to loop back to the task if the user chooses what they should not.

On the activity transition, when they choose that option, set a workflow variable, then have a conditional right after it on that path which loops back or continues on.

MichaelChatel
20-Turquoise

To add to what Mike L. mentioned;

I don't think what you are looking for, is something, that's possible out of the box.  You may want to open a Support case to confirm, but the only method I'm aware of, is what Mike L. already mentioned with the conditional routing.

http://support.ptc.com/help/windchill/wc111_hc/whc_en/index.html#page/Windchill_Help_Center%2FWFTabProcessPropRoute.html

But, that only comes into play, once the options are already presented, and one is selected.

Mike C.

Top Tags