cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Display the current tool's context

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

Display the current tool's context

No good solution. Seems that the system is "upside down" in that a higher level admin can't even see what is below without going there.
3 REPLIES 3

Mike,

Regarding your note about production an test sytems, For fear of that mistake, I edited the "header.jpg" file on my test system tochange it from blue to green. I did that for a few otherwindows backgrounds. Now the signal is clear : if it's green it's not for real.

HTH,

Vincent

Note: Be super careful also about having these UI's open between Windchill systems (e.g. having both Production and TEST open). Super easy to make the mistake of changing production when you think you're changing TEST.

In Reply to Mike Lockwood:

No good solution. Seems that the system is "upside down" in that a higher level admin can't even see what is below without going there.

Yeah, several methods of doing that - the "official" process is in the Windchill Customizer's Guide:

[cid:image001.png@01CB1DB3.75B133D0]

Long time since this one was discussed. One advantage to modifying the
header.gif or logoWC.gif is you don't eat up your precious real-estate
with the banner taking up extra space at the top. That was the
immediate complaint of my boss when I turned that on.

Adding the banner feature line to begin_custom.jspf immediately and then
just leaving banner.txt empty sure makes it quick to add and remove
messages when you want them though.
Top Tags