cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Does any one know how to create and use workflows in ProjectLINK?

skwon
1-Newbie

Does any one know how to create and use workflows in ProjectLINK?

I saw that in Windchill 10.1, users can create and route workflows in ProjectLINK. I have already established workflows in PDMLink, but the capability to customized workflows in ProjectLINK would be very helpful. For certain projects, it would be great to have customized workflow routing for data package reviews without loading the files into PDMLink.

Can anyone give me guidance as how to create ad use customized workflows in ProjectLINK?

2 REPLIES 2

Hi

I don't know exactly what you mean but I will tell you what I did. As a test I created simple WF in WF Templates from Orgadmin account. That was supposed to be launched when new document in Project (certain type of document) is created - it was simple promotion WF. Then I created LC for this type of document and then new OIR. It works p every time I somebody is creating in project this type of document - this WF is launching and working fine. I suppose you may ask abt shomethig else - about WF not for documents but in general in project context. This is something I also need. I'm just starting to work on that so if I will have something I will let you know.

jzupfer
1-Newbie
(To:skwon)

Hi, Steve,

There's a lot of information about workflow creation and customization in the Windchill 10.1 Help Center; you may want to start with the following topic, which provides an overview of the levels of workflow process support in Windchill ProjectLink 10.1:

http://www.ptc.com/cs/help/windchill_hc/wc100_hc/index.jspx?id=WFChp_WFProcessSupportInProjectLink&action=show

Regards,

Jane

Jane Zupfer
VP, Enterprise Products Publications
T 763.957.8299 E -

PTC.com

Top Tags