cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Duplicating objects in Windchill

ptc-772050
1-Newbie

Duplicating objects in Windchill

Is the duplication of objects and drawings availible in Windchill? It is in Pro-Interlink and I can not seem to find the functionality in Windchill 9.0. Does anyone know how to do this?
8 REPLIES 8
Darrell
12-Amethyst
(To:ptc-772050)

File-Save As You can do it in the commonspace or a workspace. It's best to do it in a workspace.

Can this be done to a part or an assembly that has a "plus" file on it?
Darrell
12-Amethyst
(To:ptc-772050)

Yes, but everything must be uploaded.

Thanks. I will give it a try

Hi,

Is it also possible to duplicate assembly structures in Windchill 8? (EPM Document)

Hi Gert,

Yes, it's possible. From the details page of the top assembly, or even the drawing of the top assembly, you select actions > save as

2010-07-07 8-03-05.png

Regards, Hugo.

Hi Hugo,

Thank's for the respons, I've already know about this function. Sorry but I wasn't clear in my question. The problem is that we use ProE and Inventor in Windchill. With ProE we don't have the problem it is with the Inventor assemblies.

Regards,

Gert Van Dingenen

I can't seem to figure to save Inventor assemblies and/or drawing the same way ProE assemblies and/or drawing as discribed in these posts. The action "Save as" is not there as it is in the case of a ProE model or drawing.

Top Tags