cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Dynamic Document/ DITA subtypes

DG_9924912
4-Participant

Dynamic Document/ DITA subtypes

I created two subtypes through my bursting configuration: DITAtopic and DITAmap.

<dmsobjtype>
<typerule sourcetype="text"
targettype="wt.epm.EPMDocument|com.mycompany.DynamicDocument|com.mycompany.BurstConfiguration|com.mycompany.DITAMap"
/>
</dmsobjtype>

When I tried to create templates for these subtypes they did not appear as a valid choice under "Dynamic Documents". 

When I go to the Organization Utilies, DITAtopic and DITAmap appear as subtypes of Bursting (Bursting is a subtype of Dynamic Docs).

If I re-create these 2 subtypes under Dynamic Documents, how should I be declaring them in my bursting configuration?

Would the following be the proper way?

targettype="wt.epm.EPMDocument|com.mycompany.DynamicDocument|com.mycompany.DITAMap"
/>

2 REPLIES 2

@DG_9924912 wrote:

I created two subtypes through my bursting configuration: DITAtopic and DITAmap.

<dmsobjtype> GMSocrates
targettype="wt.epm.EPMDocument|com.mycompany.DynamicDocument|com.mycompany.BurstConfiguration|com.mycompany.DITAMap"
/>
</dmsobjtype>

When I tried to create templates for these subtypes they did not appear as a valid choice under "Dynamic Documents". 

When I go to the Organization Utilies, DITAtopic and DITAmap appear as subtypes of Bursting (Bursting is a subtype of Dynamic Docs).

If I re-create these 2 subtypes under Dynamic Documents, how should I be declaring them in my bursting configuration?

Would the following be the proper way?

targettype="wt.epm.EPMDocument|com.mycompany.DynamicDocument|com.mycompany.DITAMap"
/>

Hello,

To address this issue, you can re-create the subtypes “DITAtopic” and “DITAmap” under “Dynamic Documents.” When declaring them in your bursting configuration, use the following format:

XML

/>

This configuration ensures that these subtypes are recognized correctly within your bursting setup.

Hope this will help you.

Best regards,

florence023

Thanks for confirming.
Top Tags