cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

ECN Rverse the ecn workflow to particular time

KG_9957528
6-Contributor

ECN Rverse the ecn workflow to particular time

Hi, 

I have done some changes in ACL to deny for all ECN access to user that had impacted all open ecn and all them were terminated and set to resolve. is there a way to reset to all affected ecn to a state on a particular time. 

this is in prduction system

Regards,

Karthik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I created a quick and dirty report just now - attached.  Hopefully this is helpful.  Note: From the Report results, can output to Excel.

Rename from .qml.txt to just .qml to import. This is from 12.0.0.3.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

You can set the state on a Change Notice. If you are using default or similar workflows, setting to Open state will kick off a new workflow but its not the same workflow. The workflow you had terminated is dead. Hasta la vista baby. You will have to restart the workflows and manually advanced to the right point it was previously. Note, you might want to give a heads up to users as they will be getting tasks and emails as it moves through.

yeah it is right but I would need to bring them alive again. is it possbile anyhow

Is there any way to bring all the previous comments from the ECN tasks. so that user will be able to understand and re do it..

On the process tab, you can see comments from previous workflows if it is selected. You have to select on that terminated workflow to see them.

yeah I am able to see. I have 300 of them is it possbile to get it in a report and associated ECA

Anything is possible but time to create such a report is the issue. I know that the trail from a Change Notice to these comments it long and twisted in the DB. I assume you do not have SQL access to the DB. Might be easier to give your users direction to view them as they process each ECN.

I created a quick and dirty report just now - attached.  Hopefully this is helpful.  Note: From the Report results, can output to Excel.

Rename from .qml.txt to just .qml to import. This is from 12.0.0.3.

I see this is already marked resolve but though I'd add to it.

There is a way to restart an existing terminated workflow.

The upside of restarting an existing workflow of course is that you keep all the workflow info that has been already stored (with the exception of data that is stored in the Work Item) and you pick up the workflow right where you were when it was terminated.

I made a test workflow and terminated it from the OOTB Process Manager.

Before Terminate

d_graham_2-1629152518624.png

After Terminate

d_graham_4-1629152676487.png

I then wrote and ran some code in a Windchill shell to restart it.

It did take three tries to get the code right but it works.

After Restart

d_graham_5-1629152842753.png

Note the Start Time is the same in all images.

Where as this is suppose to correct an inadvertent termination I decided not to update the workflow's original Start Time. Although updating Start Time is doable.

Note the End Time is updated in the images.  

I can provide quit a bit of sight into what is going on "under the hood" but whereas this is kind of a fringe topic I'll hold off on that until some interest is shown.

Note that the Expression and Synch robots were also terminated and restarted.

So, the long and the short of this is it's doable.

David

KG_9957528
6-Contributor
(To:d_graham)

I need to do the same and resume the terminated. may I have the steps to do it.

Top Tags