cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

ECR soft attributes propagate to ECN

bwilson-2
4-Participant

ECR soft attributes propagate to ECN

I have a ECR soft type with several custom attributes.I need to carry these custom attributes over and have them propagate the same fields when the ECN is created. When I create an ECN there is an option to propagate from the ECR but it will only propagate the out of the box attributes, not the custom ones.

Anybody have any ideas.

Brian

3 REPLIES 3

Why not just read them from the ECR when you need them instead of duplicating them?

-Thomas R. Busch
Sr. Software Developer
Stryker Instruments
(269) 323-7700 x4014
tom.busch@stryker.com<">mailto:tom.busch@stryker.com>

I think most of the advantage sits around having a solid piece of information for which you can get a capture of (PDF of a nice Cognos report) to then distribute to Contract Manufactures or similar entities. Also it’s a usability thing at times, Windchill is a bit cumbersome when trying to view all of the Change Information and eliminating the need to go through another step to see the required info is important at times. The good news is that PTC is very well aware of this and has taken some leaps in 10 to address it.

[cid:image001.gif@01CB8731.63907570]

Steve Vinyard
Application Engineer
kpritchard
4-Participant
(To:bwilson-2)

I don't have a solution, but I do have same/similar need. As an example, I need for the Change Notice Routing (Fast Track/Full Track) to be set at the Change Request and passed to the CN Workflow for the Conditional. Also, many Change Requests present multiple options for a solution, so being able to pass instructionsthat indicate which proposal is to be implemented would be beneficial. I have soft Attributes in the CR for both of these, but "Read" in CR and "Do" in CN opens the door to User error and fuels complaints about Windchill having too many button clicks (and yes, I do get a lot of those)

I'd also like to understand how to pass process variables populated by Workflow Assignments to Primary Business Objects. I'm trying to get to a more intuitive and streamlined Userinteraction by enabling theentry of PBO Attribute info in the Task Page (as opposed to scrolling down, selecting Edit from the Actions drop-down, stepping through theedit wizard,then Navigating back to the Assignment to Complete)

Top Tags