cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

EDRLoader (CS216668) running with Solidworks

Dobrisa
13-Aquamarine

EDRLoader (CS216668) running with Solidworks

Has anyone out there running the After EDRLoader method run into an issue where when you publish Solidworks files the secondary content isn't attached as Attachments but instead as additional files under the representation? 

I'm seeing files added there with portions of the name which makes me wonder if because it's Solidworks files that are being published, there's an additional _sldprt or _slddrw extension that's added on instead of the revision/iteration scheme and that throws off the whole process. 

3 REPLIES 3
jvonzastrow1
14-Alexandrite
(To:Dobrisa)

Just in case you did not already solve it. You do not need a afterloader to remove .sldxxx. Just update the rcp file on the worker. Add following 3 line

adapter/rmext/r0=.SLDDRW
adapter/rmext/r1=.SLDASM
adapter/rmext/r2=.SLDPRT

Dobrisa
13-Aquamarine
(To:jvonzastrow1)

The issue isn't that the file extension is there. It seems as though the EDRLoader doesn't treat .slddrw files in the same way as the other file extensions. 

For example: I create a new representation of a .drw. I select additional files (say, a PDF and a DXF). The files are generated and the PDF and DXF with version information appended to the name is added to the Attachments table. 

SW: I create a new representation of a .slddrw. I select the same additional files (PDF, DXF). Only the PDF is generated and added as files in the representation row.

jvonzastrow1
14-Alexandrite
(To:Dobrisa)

OOTB version info will not be added to the filename.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS159121

It seems like you have customized an afterloader:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS216668

Publish rules can make STEP and DXF. There you set when to publish. Perhaps it is just set on check-in and not on ex create-representation. Here you can also set the state (EX only for released)

Top Tags