cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embedded Browser Login: WF3 and Intralink 9.1

Highlighted
Level 4

When using the Embedded Browser in WF3 M210 to communicate with Intralink 9.1, how can a guylogin as a different user?

I know that when using a stand-alone browser (i.e. Internet Explorer) that using File>New Session will allowa guy to login as a different user. But I can't seem to find a similar capability when using the Embedded Browser.

TIA.

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Scott,

You need to create a startup batch file that points to a different cache directory using the set PTC_WF_ROOT command:

Our Pro/E start batch file looks like this:
set PTC_WF_ROOT=%appdata%\PTC\ProENGINEER\Creo
set path=C:\ptc_creo\program\proe\bin;%path%
C:\ptc_creo\program\proe\bin\proe.exe

You could create one for a second user as follows (use a different shortcut to launch it).
set PTC_WF_ROOT=%appdata%\PTC\ProENGINEER\User2\Creo

Be very careful that the users don't get mixed up and attempt to login to the wrong cache - On our system this action seems to cause issues in the method server that can bring the whole Windchill system down.

Mike Foster
ATK

It will also CORRUPT the local cache if you don't do something like what Mike shows, though I think later builds/versions have some checks built in to not allow this.

Best regards,
Kevin Alexander
800-800-1714 x3118

On Dec 12, 2011, at 1:12 PM, Foster, Mike (Goleta) wrote:

Hi Scott,

You need to create a startup batch file that points to a different cache directory using the set PTC_WF_ROOT command:

Our Pro/E start batch file looks like this:
set PTC_WF_ROOT=%appdata%\PTC\ProENGINEER\Creo

You could create one for a second user as follows (use a different shortcut to launch it).
set PTC_WF_ROOT=%appdata%\PTC\ProENGINEER\User2\Creo

Be very careful that the users don't get mixed up and attempt to login to the wrong cache – On our system this action seems to cause issues in the method server that can bring the whole Windchill system down.

Mike Foster
ATK