cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Error installing SolrServer 12.1

borourke
10-Marble

Error installing SolrServer 12.1

Installing SolrServer on a test\dev separate server, and getting the following error:

java.nio.file.FileSystemException: C:\Users\aaworourke\AppData\Local\Temp\2\PTCSOLNINSTALLER_PtcInstall.log: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

According to Task Manager, nothing is running connected to Solr. We are using Amazon Corretto 11 for our java environmental variables. Just curious if anyone else has seen this. Many thanks in advance!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jbailey
17-Peridot
(To:borourke)

Did that fix the issue?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

Was there a previous failed attempt at running the PSI installer that is remaining running?

No, and I bounced the server to be sure.

jbailey
17-Peridot

A little trick I use with SOLR specifically is to find the PID (Process ID by which one has locked up the port)

Netstat -a -o | find “8085”

Returns a line for that port, and use the PID returned in the next command

Taskkill /f /PID “pid from netstat”

Many thanks!

jbailey
17-Peridot

Did that fix the issue?

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

Hi @borourke 

I would advice to use process explorer https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

This explorer can help you to find what process is running and kill them if it is necessary. 

PetrH

Thanks for the help!

Announcements

Top Tags