cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Error running WTPartCreator

BrianToussaint
19-Tanzanite

Error running WTPartCreator

Hello,

I'm posting on the off chance that someone else has encountered this and has a fix.  I am trying to get the WTPartCreator tool to work.  I have it so that just one object is being processed before moving on to bigger chucks of data.  No matter what object number I choose, it will not create a wtPart and if I already have the wtPart in the database it will not connect the two.

The error that I get is:

(wt.series.seriesResource/2) wt.series.SeriesException: The revision value is not valid within the series: 1, series=Default
Nested exception is: The revision value is not valid within the series: 1, series=Default

Anyone run across this before and have a solution?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

Brian, hi

Check the version info section in the OIRs for both WTParts and EPMDocs.

David

After some help from PTC support, help from Matt and some digging into the SQL tables, since there are some legacy parts that were not entered with the same version series as the cad objects, this error will be thrown even if the object you are working with is not in the database to begin.  The solution is to delete all WTParts out of the system.  There are two ways to do this.  One is to unconnect the cad and part, delete non-latest iterations and then delete the part.  It actually does delete all the iterations of the part, including the one it thought was "connected".  You just have to ignore the error.  So this is 3 steps for every WTPart that one has. The other is to go into the SQL tables and truncate 5 tables that relate to the connections between the two.  This is a much quicker option but could have it's risks.  After clearing the tables, the tool is now working without the error.

Top Tags