cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Excel web query not working in WC10.1 for reports

DarrenStorey
7-Bedrock

Excel web query not working in WC10.1 for reports

Hi,

We are currently in the process moving from WC9.1 to WC10.1. We currently have many Windchill reports, created in report builder which we view and post process in Excel, using web query. In WC10.1 the reports generated are no longer pure HTML. It would appear this now stops us using web queries in Excel.

Looking through PTCU posts, it seems we are not the only people to use web query in Excel, so I was wondering if anybody has stumbled on this problem.

Regards

Darren

7 REPLIES 7

You can specify a report to run in Legacy Mode, that may fix this issue. I haven't tried it, but worth a shot.

Query Builder Reports were one of the thing that we poured the most effort into during our upgrade preparation, going from 9.1 to 10.1 recently.
Many, many things need to be addressed.

In general, the Reports run in 10.1 from the Windchill GUI, but accessing them from Excel requires updating the URL inside the macro at a minimum.

Note: Legacy mode will likely not affect how they run.

One can disable the 10.x UI for query builder reports by applying this text as needed.

Custom Input Page: wtcore\jsp\report\reportGenForm.jsp

[cid:image001.png@01CE94D9.F59611B0]

Cheers Mike, setting custom page works a treat, thanks for the tip. Looks like I've got my Excel reports back.
I can confirm that 'Legacy Mode', only bypasses the ability to set filters on each selected attribute (new feature in WC reporting). Ultimately the report is still in the same non-Excel compatible format.

Darren

cswaner
5-Regular Member
(To:DarrenStorey)

I am having another issue related to this. When I refresh the connection, an error with something about not connecting to URL due to basic authentication vs. SSL...."Unable to open <url>. The hyperlink cannot be followed to the destinations "

I foundhttps://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS162869 which suggest the "Legacy Mode" solution, however, there is a link to an MS page that goes on to explain how the registry must be changed.

Any clue about this?

I am using WC 10.1 m010 and there is no "Legacy Mode" option (apparently not until m040), will this help me get past this without having to mess with the registry for everyone who uses the spreadsheet.

Thanks in advance,

Cam

PLM Solution Architect

cswaner
5-Regular Member

After reading further, it became obvious this is a issue between ms office 2010+ and windchill basic authentication,
Perhaps going with SSL or forms based authentication is the way to go?

PLM Solution Architect

Cameron,

take a look at this article from TS.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/case_solution.jsp?n=CS162869&lang=en

Marco
cswaner
5-Regular Member

Marco,

If you look at my previous post, I am referring to the same document you mention. There is a link to an MS solution in the final step.

Cam

PLM Solution Architect

Top Tags