cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Execute a jar from jsp under Windchill

JeffStevenson
2-Guest

Execute a jar from jsp under Windchill

Hello,

I have a Java package that works with the Info Engine API. I'd like to package this into an executable jar and run from a jsp, but I'm having some issues. I can run the jar from the file system (double-click) and it works fine, but it will not execute from the jsp. Does anyone have any advice abou this or even another approach to execute my package on the server.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Please tell us more:

1. Can you paste the JSP scriptlet or otherwise describe how you're invoke the JAR?

2. What are the logfiles (e.g. Tomcat) indicating?

If the JAR is in the classpath of the application server (e.g., Tomcat), then it should be able to access it like any other java code - i.e., I'd think you would be able to call it's "main" method from a JSP scriptlet like: "<% MyClass.main(new String[] { "hi", "there" }) %>".

In Reply to Jeff Stevenson:

Hello,

I have a Java package that works with the Info Engine API. I'd like to package this into an executable jar and run from a jsp, but I'm having some issues. I can run the jar from the file system (double-click) and it works fine, but it will not execute from the jsp. Does anyone have any advice abou this or even another approach to execute my package on the server.

Thanks!

Top Tags