cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Expand tables by default

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Expand tables by default

Has anyone figured out how to get the tables to expand by default?  I look at the Tasks for Change Process on CN's quite a bit and it's annoying to have to expand them every time I open a CN.  It would be nice for each user to have the option to expand everything or specific tables.

ExpandTable.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:STEVEG)

I opened a call with PTC and they provide me an article stating it cannot be done.  It suggests to create an Idea. I checked if there is already one and there wasn't so I will create it.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS259227

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
MichaelChatel
20-Turquoise

SteveG, what version and CPS of Windchill are you on?  You may want to open a Support case to inquire about this, as I suspect there may be a way to help do this, in newer versions of Windchill, with some properties and/or customization?

wt.change2.changeWorkItems.tree.isFullExpand seems relevant, for example.

I personally don't know too much about this, but you should be able to get some more info via a Support case, with one of the engineers.

I was going to open a case if nobody knew how to do this.

We are on 11.0 CPS12

JHall
16-Pearl

@STEVEG 
If you find out, please share, that would be some good information!

James  Windchill 11.0 M030 CPS08

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:JHall)

@JHall 

I will.

I'm going to open a call for this.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

I opened a call with PTC and they provide me an article stating it cannot be done.  It suggests to create an Idea. I checked if there is already one and there wasn't so I will create it.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS259227

MichaelChatel
20-Turquoise

It never hurts to post an idea Steve.  Then other customers can also vote on the idea.

Thanks for pointing to the article, and yeah, it seems it can't be done without customization then.

The idea has been created but why can't I vote for my own idea anymore?  It says I can't give kudos to the post.

MichaelChatel
20-Turquoise

It looks like they had done some changes to the voting/kudos implementation being used.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Welcome-How-To-s/Can-t-up-vote-kudos-your-own-idea-anymore/m-p/476085#M120

You also can't down-vote ideas anymore.

That's fine.  It makes sense you can't vote your own idea.  Why would you post it if it wasn't something you wanted.  Smiley Happy

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Well, the setting wt.change2.changeWortItems.tree.isFullExpand set to true worked. We tested on the test server first. Now it's on both test and production.

MichaelChatel
20-Turquoise

Glad to hear that works for you Steve.

Top Tags