cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Export

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Export

There is a user here who's EXPORT in Intralink does not work. It acts like it is doing something but no files are put on the disk. I tried it on my machine and EXPORT works just fine.

Any ideas as to why this would be?

WF 2.0 M210
Intralink 3.4 M020

Both of us are running HP xw6600 workstations on Windows XP 64 bit.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:StephenW)

After a little more research, my pro/e is a local install and his is a network install. Don't know if that is the problem or not.

I'm going to run PTCSETUP and see if everything is connected correctly.

In Reply to

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Well we have now tried creating a new .proi to see if it was corrupted. Didn't solve the issue.

We made sure there was no spaces in the export path. Didn't solve the issue.

Best as I can tell, I didn't find any spaces in the network installation path either. I'm still looking into this one though.

I'm about to try another users computer with a network intstallation to see if it is common to network installs or if it is just a user setup issue.

Thanks for all the replys.They are all very much appreciated.

Steve

In Reply to

StephenW
23-Emerald II

I guess the best summary I have for this one is that in our setup, users who have a local installation can export directly out of Intralink. Users who use a network installation can NOT export. This is likely not a PRO/Intralink limitation as much as it is likely something we have setup incorrectly or whatever. We are not going to research it any further. Obviously there are fairly simple work-arounds like using FILE-BACKUP within pro/e or having a user with a local install do the export work.

The main reason we are not pursuing this to solution is <u>LAZINESS</u>...no not really, we are actually moving to PDMLink 9.x fairly soon and there is simply no reason to devote resources to something like this that has limited benefit.

Thanks again to those that responded with suggestions and also thanks to those that didn't respond because the don't like me.

Have a good friday and weekend

Steve

In Reply to

Top Tags