cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Fault tree diagram printing tips

jfoulger
1-Newbie

Fault tree diagram printing tips

I have a system file in PTC Windchill Quality Systems 11 with several large fault trees.  I'd like print them to large landscape sheets and show as much of the trees as I can on individual sheets while minimizing the number of transfer gates needed...to facilitate reviewing.  It becomes extremely cumbersome when the reviewer has to jump back and forth through a several hundred page document (with many pages containing only 2 or 3 gates) in order to follow the logic paths in a given branch. 

This is difficult because 1) the software won't let me print landscape, 2) the software automatically creates transfer gates when I print greatly increasing the number of pages (I haven't found a way to control this), and 3) I haven't found a way to choose a larger size sheet or to scale the tree size down to make it (or large portions of it) fit on one sheet.

Has anyone encountered this same problem?  If anyone has some pointers on printing off large trees in a reasonably user friendly manner I'd greatly appreciate your input.

Thanks.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags