cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

First Android app to Windchill

FeofilovIvan
1-Newbie

First Android app to Windchill

Hi all.

We developed simple android app for Windchill:

Android app that displays your Windchill assignments list

Why it is better than a browser:

1. It works faster.

2. It shows only useful information about task.

3. It saves your internet traffic.

4. It decreases your Windchill server load.

You can download them from :

http://plmservice.ru/2011/10/windchill-tasks-to-android-os/

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Very well done Feofilov. I was thinking of doing it for a long time but could not get enough time or may be enough motivation. Couple of questions before I try it.

1. I guess we need to connect to Organisation VPN before we can actually connect to the application, in case its Intranet that we are dealing with which is the case in most of the organisations.
  2. I would love to contribute in any way I can and may be we can expand it to further levels. Do let me know about that as well.
  3. Which Android version is it compatible with and which one is it not?

Thumbs up for the application. I will surely have a look in the evening.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Very well done Feofilov. I was thinking of doing it for a long time but could not get enough time or may be enough motivation. Couple of questions before I try it.

1. I guess we need to connect to Organisation VPN before we can actually connect to the application, in case its Intranet that we are dealing with which is the case in most of the organisations.
  2. I would love to contribute in any way I can and may be we can expand it to further levels. Do let me know about that as well.
  3. Which Android version is it compatible with and which one is it not?

Thumbs up for the application. I will surely have a look in the evening.

Hi Pardeep Singh.

1. For work with Windchill via android you need simple network connection.

2. You whant write some extra function for Windchill android client? If you programmer write me on email.

3. Compatible since 2.0 version of Android, because application use only Android in box API packages.

I created a poll to see how many people use Android. http://communities.ptc.com/polls/1263?pollSuccess=true#comment-7287

It is interesting for somebody, same application under Apple iOS?

Have you tried to get this into the Android Market (Google Play)? I have unofficial permission to continue using my Android on the company network as long as I limit where I get my apps from. I would love to check out your app.

you can try iPLM prototyped by Transition Technologies: Wnchill Mobile Android iOS

dnovikov
4-Participant
(To:agasiorek-2)

Adam Gasiorek Where I can load you Android app ?

Top Tags