cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

First Level and Second Level Navigator Tabs are not being displayed

aachanta
13-Aquamarine

First Level and Second Level Navigator Tabs are not being displayed

Hi All,

I had tried adding a first level and second level navigator tabs. But that is not showing up in Windchill. Can anyone please let me know like why it is not displaying in that way ?

Please find the below steps that I had created while adding the tabs.

1.) Within codebase/netmarkets/jsp I had created a folder and a jsp file called as navigationlist.jsp which has the following code below

<%@ page language="java" session="true" pageEncoding="utf-8"%>

<%@include file="/netmarkets/jsp/util/begin.jspf" %>

Hello World!!!

<%@include file="/netmarkets/jsp/util/end.jspf" %>

2.) After that I copied an image to codebase/netmarkets/images

3.) And then in Eclipse I had created a JAVA file named as "NavigationRB.java"

import wt.util.resource.RBEntry;

import wt.util.resource.RBUUID;

import wt.util.resource.WTListResourceBundle;

@RBUUID("com.ptc.serviceAcademy.resource.NavigationRB")

public final class NavigationRB extends WTListResourceBundle {

@RBEntry("Services Academy")

public static final String NAVIGATION_SERVICEACADEMY_DESCRIPTION = "navigation.serviceAcademy.description";

public static final String NAVIGATION_SERVICEACADEMY_TITLE = "navigation.serviceAcademy.title";

public static final String NAVIGATION_SERVICEACADEMY_TOOLTIP = "navigation.serviceAcademy.tooltip";

@RBEntry("serviceAcademy.gif")

public static final String NAVIGATION_SERVICEACADEMY_ICON = "navigation.serviceAcademy.icon";

@RBEntry("Hello World")

public static final String OBJECT_HELLOWORLD_DESCRIPTION = "object.helloWorld.description";

@RBEntry("Hello World")

public static final String OBJECT_HELLOWORLD_TITLE = "object.helloWorld.title";

@RBEntry("Hello World")

public static final String OBJECT_HELLOWORLD_TOOLTIP = "object.helloWorld.tooltip";

@RBEntry("My Product List")

public static final String OBJECT_MYPRODUCTLISTTABLE_DESCRIPTION = "object.myProductListTable.description";

public static final String OBJECT_MYPRODUCTLISTTABLE_TITLE = "object.myProductListTable.title";

public static final String OBJECT_MYPRODUCTLISTTABLE_TOOLTIP = "object.myProductListTable.tooltip";

@RBEntry("Table Example")

public static final String OBJECT_TABLEEXAMPLE_DESCRIPTION = "object.tableExample.description";

public static final String OBJECT_TABLEEXAMPLE_TITLE = "object.tableExample.title";

public static final String OBJECT_TABLEEXAMPLE_TOOLTIP = "object.tableExample.tooltip";

@RBEntry("Multi Component Example")

public static final String OBJECT_MULTICOMPONENT_DESCRIPTION = "object.multiComponent.description";

public static final String OBJECT_MULTICOMPONENT_TITLE = "object.multiComponent.title";

public static final String MULTICOMPONENT_TOOLTIP = "object.multiComponent.tooltip";

}

4.) And then I had created an action in codebase\config\actions\custom-actions.xml as

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE listofactions SYSTEM "actions.dtd">

<listofactions>

<objecttype name="navigation" class="" resourceBundle="com.ptc.serviceAcademy.resource.NavigationRB">

<action name="serviceAcademy">

</action>

</objecttype>

<objecttype name="object" class="java.lang.object" resourceBundle="com.ptc.serviceAcademy.resource.NavigationRB">

<action name="helloWorld">

<command url="netmarkets/jsp/serviceAcademy/navigationlist.jsp" windowType="page"/>

</action>

</objecttype>

</listofactions>

5.) And then I updated the action model codebase\config\actions\custom-actionModels.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE actionmodels SYSTEM "actionmodels.dtd">

<actionmodels>

<model name="main navigation" id="browseActions" resourceBundle="com.ptc.core.ui.navigationRB">

<description>

Main navigation (tabs)

</description>

<action name="recentContexts"    type="navigation"/>

<action name="product"    type="navigation"/>

<action name="library"      type="navigation"/>

<action name="project"   type="navigation"/>

<action name="program"  type="navigation"/>

<action name="change"  type="navigation"/>

<action name="supplier"  type="navigation"/>

<action name="qms"  type="navigation"/>

<action name="org"  type="navigation"/>

<action name="site"  type="navigation"/>

<action name="search"  type="navigation"/>

<!-- entry for customization tab -->

<action name="customization"  type="navigation"/>

<!-- entry for serviceAcademy tab -->

<action name="serviceAcademy"  type="navigation"/>

</model>

<model name="serviceAcademy navigation" resourceBundle="com.ptc.serviceAcademy.resource.NavigationRB">

<action name="helloWorld"  type="object"/>

</model>

</actionmodels>

6.) Restarted the method server.

So I followed all these steps as said. Can you please let me know if I had missed any other step or if I had done any other mistake as I am not able to view the the tabs.

Thanks and Regards,

Aditya Achanta

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

add ?jcaDebug=1 or &jcaDebug=1 in URL and see if your new action is added or  not. sometime action gets added but because of icon not getting displayed you cant see the action

http://Localhost/Windchill/app/?jcaDebug=1#ptc1/carambola/tools/list

JCADebug.png

Thanks

Shryeas

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
aachanta
13-Aquamarine
(To:aachanta)

Hi All,

Kindly let me know if anyone is aware of it.

Thanks and Regards,

Aditya Achanta

add ?jcaDebug=1 or &jcaDebug=1 in URL and see if your new action is added or  not. sometime action gets added but because of icon not getting displayed you cant see the action

http://Localhost/Windchill/app/?jcaDebug=1#ptc1/carambola/tools/list

JCADebug.png

Thanks

Shryeas

aachanta
13-Aquamarine
(To:satre-2)

Hi Shreyas,

I added jcaDebug=1 in the url and upon clicking on navigationServiceAcademy:Enabled. I am not able to get any tab to see any second level navigator for that and moreover log4javascript window is being opened.  So please find the below two snap shots of that

But however upon clicking on Action Model Report I found that there is no label and icon.

So on basis of these screen shots can you tell me like where I had gone wrong.

As I had already posted my java code, jsp code and the code of custom-actions.xml and custom-actionsmodels.xml. I am not able to trace it like where I had gone wrong.

So I do request you to please let me know about it once.

Thanks and Regards,

Aditya Achanta

Top Tags