cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

First SolidWorks Data Loading to PDMLink 10.1 M20

rnoah
8-Gravel

First SolidWorks Data Loading to PDMLink 10.1 M20

Hi,

we are in the final step of implementing PDMLink at the company.

we have done several tests for data loading of existing SW data into the system that worked just fine.

we used the regular method - import file, part drawing, asm & asm drawing.

now we are trying to do it for actual data set and we face severe performance issue during Workspace import. it's take

us more that 15 minutes just to import to Workspace an asm with 150 part ...

does any of you have a best practice how to load the data to windchill ?

any recomandation on how to improve the import ?

2 REPLIES 2
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:rnoah)

I don't have any parameters that I can give, but when we did our data import at another company, we had to change a bunch of settings to improve the performance for batch import. These settings made the system almost unusable for interactive work. It was 8 years ago on PDMLink7, so maybe PTC has documented what needs to be set or improved the processes so batch and interactive can coexist.

Thank you,

Ben H. Loosli
USEC, INC.

Rami

I have seen similar poor performance with Import in 10.0; Open in Solidworks and Save to Workspace was a multiple faster.

Do remember though that Import is using SolidWorks and Memory so you can really only Import One Top Level assembly at a time, with drawings seems to make a bit worse.

Be Sure to

1. Large Assembly Mode Off

2. Updated SW Models to SW 2012/ Rebuilt Assemblies w/o Large Assembly Mode and found all suppressed components, etc...

Brian

PS

If Data already in a database, their are 3rd Parties that will bulk migrated the data; Was involved in a project in 9.1 that bulk migrated last revision of multiple solidwork databases.. (last revision)

Top Tags