cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Folder size on Windchill

JohnDavid
1-Newbie

Folder size on Windchill

hello,

I would like to know the size of the folder in windhcill which contais WTPart, WTDoc, EPMDocument etc...

Thanks in advace

3 REPLIES 3

I can't think of anything in the UI to do this.

You can get all the content holders in a folder, then get their associated application datas and tally the sizes through the api

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:JohnDavid)

The files are stored on disk in sequential folders, if using vaults. There is also some metadata in the database. Getting an accurate file size is almost impossible because of the way Windchill stores files.

This query returns the total number of files in the vault adjst the month as needed)

select count(*) from fvitem where createstampa2 < '01-JUN-2014'

This query returns the total size in GB for all files in the vault (adjust the month as needed)

select sum(ad.filesize)/(1024*1024*1024) as GB from applicationdata ad, fvitem fvi where fvi.streamid = ad.streamid AND fvi.createstampa2 <= TO_DATE('01-JUN-2014','DD-MON-YYYY');

We have Windchill query builder reports that I've refined over time that take input of Doc or CAD Doc Number and return the vault folder, vaulted filenames (including viewables) and file size. Can run this with no *.DRW for example to get all Drawings. Email me if you like and I'll send the report .qml.

Top Tags