cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Getting error: Target cannot be updated, As publication to this target is under process.

schauhan
5-Regular Member

Getting error: Target cannot be updated, As publication to this target is under process.

Hello friends,

I am setting my Distribution as it is working fine for me currently with Windchill 11 but it is not sending inflammations of Alternate parts along with the main part to my PLM connector.

While setting Distribution target information manually from 'Manage Distribution' from Site->Utilities, i am getting this error on clicking the 'Yes'.

Screen shot of an error has been attached with this discussion.

Kindly help me to set up the parameters here so that i can work in it.

Regards,

Sunil Chauhan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @schauhan & @deepakseth,

This seems expected behaviour if there are pending transactions or unresolved failure tasks. If this is the case ESI Services prevents modification of Distribution Targets.

To make it work you may try below steps:

1. To find out if there are pending transactions, run the following SQL query (replace "My Distribtion Target" with the actual name):
    1. select count(*) from releaseactivity where status='pending' and ida3b5 in (select ida2a2 from ESITarget where name='My Distribtion Target' );
  2. To get details on the target, transaction, release activity, run the following query (replace "My Distribtion Target" with the actual name):
    1. select tg.ida2a2 "tg.ida2a2", tg.name "tg.name"
      , tg.esitargetnumber, trx.idnumber "trx.idnumber", trx.status "trx.status", trx.createstampa2 "trx.createstampa2"
      , ra.status "ra.status"
      from releaseactivity ra
      ,  esitransactionrelease trxr
      , esitransaction trx
      , ESITarget tg
      where ra.ida2a2 = trxr.ida3b5
      and trxr.ida3a5 = trx.ida2a2
      and ra.ida3b5 = tg.ida2a2
      and ra.status = 'pending'
      and tg.name='My Distribtion Target'

3. In Enterprise Systems Transaction Log, find these pending activities and set their status to "Failed"
  4. Terminate running workflow instances from the Release To Manufacturing workflow
  5. Resolve failed transactions via Site > Utilities > Enterprise Systems Transaction Administration 
  6. Retry the target update

I hope this will help you.

Regards,

Shirish

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
deepakseth
4-Participant
(To:schauhan)

I am having the same issue. Any solution for this please ?

Thanks in Advance .

Hi @schauhan & @deepakseth,

This seems expected behaviour if there are pending transactions or unresolved failure tasks. If this is the case ESI Services prevents modification of Distribution Targets.

To make it work you may try below steps:

1. To find out if there are pending transactions, run the following SQL query (replace "My Distribtion Target" with the actual name):
    1. select count(*) from releaseactivity where status='pending' and ida3b5 in (select ida2a2 from ESITarget where name='My Distribtion Target' );
  2. To get details on the target, transaction, release activity, run the following query (replace "My Distribtion Target" with the actual name):
    1. select tg.ida2a2 "tg.ida2a2", tg.name "tg.name"
      , tg.esitargetnumber, trx.idnumber "trx.idnumber", trx.status "trx.status", trx.createstampa2 "trx.createstampa2"
      , ra.status "ra.status"
      from releaseactivity ra
      ,  esitransactionrelease trxr
      , esitransaction trx
      , ESITarget tg
      where ra.ida2a2 = trxr.ida3b5
      and trxr.ida3a5 = trx.ida2a2
      and ra.ida3b5 = tg.ida2a2
      and ra.status = 'pending'
      and tg.name='My Distribtion Target'

3. In Enterprise Systems Transaction Log, find these pending activities and set their status to "Failed"
  4. Terminate running workflow instances from the Release To Manufacturing workflow
  5. Resolve failed transactions via Site > Utilities > Enterprise Systems Transaction Administration 
  6. Retry the target update

I hope this will help you.

Regards,

Shirish

Top Tags