cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Getting errors while starting the windchill server- Prod down

rpaul-2
1-Newbie

Getting errors while starting the windchill server- Prod down

In order to remove unreferenced files from the vault wanted to set the wt.fv.purgeUnreferencedFilesOlderThan =2

I just did the following steps as initial step for removing the .unreferenced files:

1) Updated site.xconf to set wt.fv.purgeUnreferencedFilesOlderThan =2

2) Ran xconfmanager –p from Windchill home directory

3) No error reported

4) Stopped Windchill

5) Cleared tomcat instances

6) After that tried to start the method server but it’s not starting

Getting following error

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at wt.manager.ServerLauncher.startServerReturningProcess(ServerLauncher.java:143)

at wt.manager.ServerLauncher.startServer(ServerLauncher.java:101)

at wt.manager.ServerLauncher.main(ServerLauncher.java:472)

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Empty command

at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:425)

at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:369)

at wt.manager.ServerLauncher.launchCmd(ServerLauncher.java:236)

at wt.manager.ServerLauncher.launchCmd(ServerLauncher.java:208)

at wt.manager.ServerLauncher.launchCmd(ServerLauncher.java:192)

at wt.manager.BaseServerLauncher.launch(BaseServerLauncher.java:249)

at wt.manager.BaseServerLauncher.launch(BaseServerLauncher.java:122)

... 7 more

Any idea why this error is showing up? Please let me know currently our prod servers are not starting.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Make sure the value of wt.manager.cmd.ServerManager or wt.manager.cmd.MethodServer propoertis are correct in wt.properties. If it is a unix system, make  wt.manager.cmd.executor  is set to blank

Thanks

Binesh

Barry Wehmiller

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Make sure the value of wt.manager.cmd.ServerManager or wt.manager.cmd.MethodServer propoertis are correct in wt.properties. If it is a unix system, make  wt.manager.cmd.executor  is set to blank

Thanks

Binesh

Barry Wehmiller

hanks a lot!! You had saved my day. That worked. As you had mentioned the properties were not set properly in wt.properties. But I didn’t change those attributes just modified the attribute swt.fv.purgeUnreferencedFilesOlderThan =2 and ran xconfmanager –p from Windchill home directory. Then how did those attributes get updated?

Thanks a lot!! You saved my day. That worked. As you had mentioned the properties were not set properly in wt.properties. But I didn’t change those attributes just modified the attribute swt.fv.purgeUnreferencedFilesOlderThan =2 and ran xconfmanager –p from Windchill home directory. Then how did those attributes get updated?

My best guess would be a  bad/wrong syntax in site.xconf. So when you ran the propagation command, it altered the value of those properties.  Probably a diff between the site.xconf and  versioned xconf backfile from xconf-backup directory would shed some light.

Thanks,

Binesh Kumar

Barry Wehmiller International

Thanks for the details. I will compare the files.

Top Tags