cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Getting into administrative console

DanielWolf
3-Visitor

Getting into administrative console

I need to access the administrative console but the only team member who had access to the tool is no longer with us. Is there a default password that can be used to access the tool? I'm not sure if they ever assigned one directly. This is for Windchill 10.1 and 11.0

3 REPLIES 3
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:DanielWolf)

Are you using a single sign on or the Windchill DS for authentication?

Sometimes the administrator account is set up with just wcadmin for the username and password.

Can you contact the old admin and get him to give you his Windchill password?

Since Windchill DS is a simple LDAP, we have all usernames and passwords stored in a secured spreadsheet that IT has granted rights to only WIndchill admins to access the folder. Maybe you have one someplace.

Windchill DS I believe. It is the PTC Windchill Quality Solutions 11.0 Administrator and 10.2 (not 10.1). The old admin is no longer in contact with us. What would the spreadsheet be called? I can search the server. 

Also, We are getting the error "log in failed due to unknown error." I don't know what exactly this is referring to? When I put the wrong password or user name it says invalid but when we use the one we believe it was then we get that error.

Top Tags