cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Getting the Display name of an IBA

achukwuka
1-Newbie

Getting the Display name of an IBA

Gurus,

I am looking for an API that will get the display name of an IBA for me. If anyone out there knows the API and how to use it, let me know.

Thanks

Alexius C. Chukwuka
IT Analyst, PDP Systems
John Deere Power Systems
Product Engineering Center
*Voice: 319-292-8575
*Mobile: 319-429-5336
*FaxFax:319-292-6282
*E-Mail: -

CONFIDENTIALITY. This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it may contain information proprietary to Deere & Company, or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed, shall be maintained in confidence and not disclosed to third parties without the written consent of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the electronic mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this electronic mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return mail.

3 REPLIES 3
PreetiGupta
14-Alexandrite
(To:achukwuka)

Alex,

This may help

attributedefdefaultview= IBADefinitionHelper.service.getAttributeDefDefaultView((AttributeDefNodeView)aaDefnView);
attributedefdefaultview.getDisplayName()

Thanks,
Preeti

Hi Preeti,

I need a little more help with this. what I have is the IBA holder and String value of the IBA name. With this how do I get the ...aaDefnView); used in the code you sent below?

Thanks

Alexius C. Chukwuka
IT Analyst, PDP Systems
John Deere Power Systems
Product Engineering Center
*Voice: 319-292-8575
*Mobile: 319-429-5336
*FaxFax:319-292-6282
*E-Mail: -

CONFIDENTIALITY. This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it may contain information proprietary to Deere & Company, or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed, shall be maintained in confidence and not disclosed to third parties without the written consent of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the electronic mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this electronic mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return mail.

-----End Original Message-----
PreetiGupta
14-Alexandrite
(To:achukwuka)

Alex,

If you want to navigate through the IBAHolder, you should try the following code..

ibaHolder = IBAValueHelper.service.refreshAttributeContainer(ibaHolder, null, SessionHelper.manager.getLocale(), null);
DefaultAttributeContainer theContainer = (DefaultAttributeContainer) ibaHolder.getAttributeContainer();
if ( theContainer != null )
{
AttributeDefDefaultView[] theAtts = theContainer.getAttributeDefinitions();

and navigate through the Name of the IBA...

and use the following to get the display name

attributedefdefaultview.getDisplayName()

Please let me know if you need more help on this.

Thanks,
Preeti

Announcements

Top Tags