cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Ghost Files with Autodesk Inventor Data

rwolff
1-Newbie

Ghost Files with Autodesk Inventor Data

Hi All,

We are transferring our PDM system from Adept to Windchill. We use Autodesk Inventor. I have been able to get almost all of our part files into the system through the import to workspace function. When I started working on assemblies, I noticed there are a ton of ghost objects imported with the assemblies, even if I tell it to not bring any dependent parts with it. Is there anyway I can check in the data with the ghost files? Alot of the data was broken to begin with and we arent even sure if the data is being use on our present models. It could very much so be old data that no one uses anymore and we dont want to waste time going through it if we dont need to. The plan is if anyone does need to use it, they can fix it in Windchill themselves (odds are, if they are going to use it, they probably designed it to begin with and will be able to fix it alot quicker than I).

Thanks!

Ryan W.

1 REPLY 1
LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:rwolff)

Ryan,

On the second screen (Set Options) of check in page there is an option to Auto resolve incomplete objects. If that is selected it will ignore ghost objects that are not considered to be required dependents of the objects being checked in.

11-21-2014+6-49-23+PM.jpg

The default behavior of this setting can also be controlled by a preference in preference management:

11-21-2014+6-46-24+PM.jpg

Top Tags