cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Groups, Teams, Policies, Profiles, etc

ptc-174577
2-Guest

Groups, Teams, Policies, Profiles, etc

Hi, Can anyone help?... I am trying to configure our system to best utilize the groups, users teams etc. At present we have users applied to roles at the product level which leaves it a bit difficult when it comes to changing the users etc. I recently done the PTC Business Admin course but feel more confused than before. Out Trainer told me that we needed to use groups with users applied. Can anyone explain the best way to apply the access for mechanical designers, viewers and maybe software viewers. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Kind Regards Brett
2 REPLIES 2

I have heard that organizing for the company Org Chart may not be the best way to go. I think I have heard it is best to organize by function. Of course you have to start thinking about how widely you will apply the group? For instance a CIB group is great if you have more than one context and the same people in that CIB group apply to all contexts. But as soon as you have different product areas where different CIB teams are required, then you'll need different sets of CIB groups.

Hey Brett,

Have a look to http://communities.ptc.com/docs/DOC-1385, where I started a document on this topic. This document is intended to grow as insights grow.

Regards, Hugo.

Top Tags