cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Has anyone configured WindchillDS to expire passwords after a length of time?

mdebower
18-Opal

Has anyone configured WindchillDS to expire passwords after a length of time?

We have a requirement that passwords have to change after 180 days, and are running the OOTB WindchillDS ldap.   I know there are settings to have passwords expire after a specified length of time.  However I am having trouble getting any kind of notification out to the users beforehand.

Has anyone successfully done this with WindchillDS?

Windchill 10.1 m040

-marc

2 REPLIES 2

You should create a product idea for this --- This is definitly something that is also an issue for other PTC customers

Hello Marc,

I have done this once while I was working with PTC. You can use account notification handlers in Windchill Directory server.

1. First setup a password policy in WIndchill DS
  2. Setup Windchill DS with SMTP - https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS125304
  3. Configure the SMTP Account Status notification handlers.
  4. The messages sent out to users could be customized from "/server/config/messages". You can send out messages like "Please change your password before XXXX so that it does not expire."

Some notes

1. The Windchill Directory Server only checks for upcoming password expiration when a user logs into the server. If the user does not login to Windchill, or otherwise bind to the Windchill Directory Server, no notice of upcoming password expiration will be sent.
  2. Only one warning notice will be sent warning of an upcoming password expiration

Thank You

Binesh Kumar

Barry Wehmiller

Top Tags