cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Has anyone figured out a way to create CAD Documents when creating Parts using Import from Spreadsheet?

gspencer
4-Participant

Has anyone figured out a way to create CAD Documents when creating Parts using Import from Spreadsheet?

A Windchill/CAD Integration Question -

As an example, I am using the attached files to 1. import the parts from a spreadsheet, 2. create the BOM structure from a spreadsheet. I just want to tie that all together by also creating the CAD Documents (parts and assys), just like I am able to do when creating individual wtparts.

Anyone know of a way?

6 REPLIES 6

Dear Gary,

I have done it, may be we can discuss this in detail.

Regards,

Eldo

Eldo,

I'd welcome us having a chance to talk - when can we set that up?

Eldo,

It would be beneficial if you could outline some steps in this discussion so that others could also benefit. That is, after all, the goal of the community. Are you able to do such a thing?

gspencer
4-Participant
(To:BenPerry)

Ben,

I will document as best I can, and post the docs to this thread...

Gary

Hello Gary,

Did you figure out a way for this? We do have a similar requirement and couldn't figure out a method  without deploying server code/ customization

Thanks

Binesh

gspencer
4-Participant
(To:BineshKumar1)

I was told by PTC that this is not possible OOTB, and there are no plans to offer it in any future Windchill release.

I did find someone (in this thread) that had done it before, and offered to help, but in the end were only out to sell me a customization.

Regards.

Top Tags