cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Having a shared folder for Windchill logs in a Windchill cluster environment

gafoorgk
11-Garnet

Having a shared folder for Windchill logs in a Windchill cluster environment

Hi,

We got a 2-node Windchill cluster environment and I need to give few developers access to logs. Windchill Logs Viewer only shows logs of currently connected application server. So, the questions are;

1. Is there any way to move the location of logs from <wt_folder>\Logs to a shared network path so both application servers will write logs to this location instead of default location?
  2. If answer is yes, is it a good practice to do this?

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Te log files folder for Windchill is controlled through property wt.logs.dir in wt.properties. If you want to provide a different path like same machine of network path, you need to update this property. Good practice is to keep the logs on the same machine where Windchill is installed.

If there are any disconnects between the shared network location or NFS location, application may run into issues.

Did you try sharing the logs folder(from Windchill) with the developers? I believe that should also work. It is just that engineers need to access multiple locations for referring to logs from different nodes.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Te log files folder for Windchill is controlled through property wt.logs.dir in wt.properties. If you want to provide a different path like same machine of network path, you need to update this property. Good practice is to keep the logs on the same machine where Windchill is installed.

If there are any disconnects between the shared network location or NFS location, application may run into issues.

Did you try sharing the logs folder(from Windchill) with the developers? I believe that should also work. It is just that engineers need to access multiple locations for referring to logs from different nodes.

Top Tags