cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Help: how to remove all disconnected principal ??

ptc-3307275
1-Newbie

Help: how to remove all disconnected principal ??

hello,everyone:

Has anyone can tell me how to remove all disconnected principal . Our windchill 9.0 M050 is integrated with AD ,AD authenticate the users who log in Windchill. AD administrator deletes some users in AD,so there are some disconnected principal in Windchill.

I log in as wcadmin(site administrator) and enter into site-utility-principal administrator-maintainance page,when I check the disconneted principal and click the "delete" button ,it shows"LDAP erorr code 32 No Such Object"

Firstly,I am very sure that these users are not in our AD.

(1) I view the WTUSER table :select t.name,t.ida2a2 from wtuser t where t.repairNeeded=1 and there are disconnected user who are shown in the above web page returned,I also check the remoteobjinfo,remoteobjid table there are disconnected user who are shown in the above web page returned

(2) I check the Aphelion brower the disconnected user entries are also in there

so I cannot delete the disconneted users in the Windchill web page and I dare not delete the user entries in the WTUSER table directly. Now what can

I do to delete the disconneted users.

Thanks for your reply.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you Chris R. Spartz , I check the method server log,it shows like " ptcServiceName XXX dc=XXX :18004 dc=XXXX o=XXX" I remember I have seen the alike string in the Info Engine. So, I enter into the Info Engine and check the "Adapter" the port is 18022 and 18023(because we start two method server so there are two adapters here ) and I delete the two entries of Adapter and recreate a adapter whose port is 18004 , I clean the <WH_homw>/tasks/codebase directory (rm -rf <WH_homw>/tasks/codebase) and I restart the Windchill

and I can delete the disconnected principals in the web page .

Thank you very much ~

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

If you look at the "LDAP erorr code 32 No Such Object" error in the Method Server log, does it show what object it's looking for and not able to find? Since this user is disconnected, Windchill shouldn't be looking for the user itself. It must be looking for some other LDAP object. If you delete/reconnect that LDAP object first, then you should be able to delete the user.

Thank you Chris R. Spartz , I check the method server log,it shows like " ptcServiceName XXX dc=XXX :18004 dc=XXXX o=XXX" I remember I have seen the alike string in the Info Engine. So, I enter into the Info Engine and check the "Adapter" the port is 18022 and 18023(because we start two method server so there are two adapters here ) and I delete the two entries of Adapter and recreate a adapter whose port is 18004 , I clean the <WH_homw>/tasks/codebase directory (rm -rf <WH_homw>/tasks/codebase) and I restart the Windchill

and I can delete the disconnected principals in the web page .

Thank you very much ~

Linlin
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-3307275)

We are having the same issue. The user can not be deleted even after being deleted from LDAP server. Our windchill is 10.2 M020. PTC TS told us it would be solved in M030. Hope so,

Linlin你好,从用户名看 您可能是中国人 所以我直接用中文回复了

Chris R. Spartz先生提醒我去查看methodserver的log中 LDAP error code 32 No such Object 的信息 我去check日志后发现报错为:ptcServiceName dc=pdmsvr.XXX.net:Windchill 18004 dc=XXXXXX cn=XXXXX 这样的字符串,我想起好像这样的字符串在Info Engine 里面看到过 所以我以站点管理员的身份登录Info Engine 我看到“适配器”一栏有类似的字串 但是端口是18022和18023 (我们的PLM 启动了2个Method Server) 所以我把这两个适配器删掉了,新建了一个端口为18004的“常规适配器” 并且 清空了<WH_home>/tasks/codebase文件夹 然后重新启动method server。再在“站点”—“承担者管理器” 中 去删除 已断开用户 就可以了

您也可以看看method server的报错信息 然后在得到PTC 技术支持人员的肯定答复后 在您的生产系统中做类似操作。

希望能帮到您~

Linlin
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-3307275)

十分十分感谢你的回复,可是我的methodserver的log里没有LDAP error, 只有一个info 说 ptcServiceName=com.amcorrigid.Ldap,dc=plm,dc=amcorrigid,dc=com,cn=Windchill_10.2,o=amcor is NOT a local service.没有任何端口的信息在log里。。请问我是不是要开打什么特别的log啊? 谢谢谢谢

祝周末愉快! :-)

Hello!

Use at your own risk, it works for us (WC10.0 M030)...

To find the disconnected principals we use:

select wt.name, wt.first, wt.last, wt.ida2a2, wt.repairneeded, wt.disabled from wtuser wt where wt.repairneeded='1';

If you get a 1 in both wt.repairneeded and wt.disabled then something is wrong in the database.

To fix the users and to disable them (delete) the below SQLs can be used based on the output of the first query:

This SQL is from some TAN.

Don't remember the number though...

update WTUser set name='{wt.org.WTUser:'||ida2a2||'}'||name, disabled=1,repairneeded=0 where ida2a2= (<user ida2a2 from WinDU log>);

delete from RemoteObjectId where ida2a2 in (select remoteId from RemoteObjectInfo where ida3a3 in (<user ida2a2 from WinDU log>));

delete from RemoteObjectInfo where ida3a3 in (<user ida2a2 from WinDU log>);

delete from OwningRepositoryLocalObject where ida3b5 in (<user ida2a2 from WinDU log>);

--Example 1 if name on the format: UT0374H

update WTUser set name='{wt.org.WTUser:30547}'||name, disabled=1,repairneeded=0 where ida2a2=30547;

delete from RemoteObjectId where ida2a2 in (select remoteId from RemoteObjectInfo where ida3a3 in (30547));

delete from RemoteObjectInfo where ida3a3 in (30547);

delete from OwningRepositoryLocalObject where ida3b5 in (30547);

--Example 2 if name on the format: {wt.org.WTUser:30547}a000021

update WTUser set disabled=1,repairneeded=0 where ida2a2=30547;

delete from RemoteObjectId where ida2a2 in (select remoteId from RemoteObjectInfo where ida3a3 in (30547));

delete from RemoteObjectInfo where ida3a3 in (30547);

delete from OwningRepositoryLocalObject where ida3b5 in (30547);

Hope it helps!

Best regards,

Peter

Thank you Peter~ I have resolved my problem after Chris R. Spartz's reply . the port issue causes our problem

I check the wtuser, remoteobjectinfo, remoteobjectid,OwningRepositoryLocalObject tables but I dare not delete the entries of disconnected principals

I wanna delete the invalid users through the Windchill web page,it is safe because the Windchill System will check the user group that the principal in, the workitems and project activities that the user taken before deleteing the user

Thank you for your reply~

Top Tags