cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Hiding Attributes using OIR

Uthayan
1-Newbie

Hiding Attributes using OIR

Hiding Attributes using OIR for WTPart using hidden constraint doesnt work. All attributes are defined at Site level? Is there a way to achieve the same.

8 REPLIES 8
MatthewKnight
4-Participant
(To:Uthayan)

I don't know about hiding attributes with an OIR. Did you hide them with a constraint in the Type Manager? What constraint and value?

Hi Mathew,

I tried using the constraint " com.ptc.core.rule.server.impl.GetHiddenConstraint algorithm" in OIR.

Can we hide them using constraint in the Type Manager for Particular Org; wherein all the attributes are created in Site level.

MatthewKnight
4-Participant
(To:Uthayan)

It looks like the GetHiddenConstraint on the OIR should work but I haven't tested

Hi. You might want to look at http://communities.ptc.com/message/172231#172231

Are the attributes you are trying to hide modeled?

If they are attributes you created I think need to add them to you site.xconf to be able to hide them via the OIR.

Ex for our OIR we had to add:

<Property name="wt.change2.WTChangeRequest2" overridable="true"

targetFile="codebase/com/ptc/core/rule/server/delegate/init/RuleConfigurableTypeAttribute.properties" value="name,number,lifeCycle.id,lifeCycle,teamTemplate,teamTemplate.id,folder.id,organization.id,description,needDate,change_proposedChanges,theCategory,theComplexity"/>

Then you can use the OIR to hide them.

<AttrConstraint id="theComplexity" algorithm="com.ptc.core.rule.server.impl.GatherAttributeConstraints">

<Value algorithm="com.ptc.core.rule.server.impl.GetServerAssignedConstraint"/>

<Value algorithm="com.ptc.core.rule.server.impl.GetHiddenConstraint"/>

</AttrConstraint>

Thanks Mathew for your suggestion..Let me try the same and let you know.

Hi Mathew,

I got the following error ( as below image) in the create part UI after performing the steps.

In the site.xconf the following had been added

<Property name="wt.part.WTPart" overridable="true" targetFile="codebase/com/ptc/core/rule/server/delegate/init/RuleConfigurableTypeAttribute.properties"

value="number,name,lifeCycle,lifeCycle.id,teamTemplate,teamTemplate.id,folder.id,organization.id,COMPONENT_CATEGORY,Customer,Description,Manufacturer 1,Manufacturer Part No 1,PROJECT_NUMBER,ROHS Compliance,Project Name"

" Need to hide ROHS Compliance "

In theOIR the following had been added

<AttrConstraint id="ROHS Compliance" algorithm="com.ptc.core.rule.server.impl.GatherAttributeConstraints">
<Value algorithm="com.ptc.core.rule.server.impl.GetServerAssignedConstraint"/>
<Value algorithm="com.ptc.core.rule.server.impl.GetHiddenConstraint"/>
</AttrConstraint>

Kindly let me know the above procedure is correct.Picture1.jpg

Hello Uthayan Sir,

How r u ?

i need your help to solve this issue.

it is possible to rehost the Windchill 8.0M040 from "testplm.ttrpune.com" to "tatatoyoplm.tachogroup.com"

Thanks,

Vivek Uchekar

Top Tags