cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Hiding Attributes using OIR

Uthayan
1-Newbie

Hiding Attributes using OIR

Hiding Attributes using OIR for WTPart using hidden constraint doesnt work. All attributes are defined at Site level? Is there a way to achieve the same.

8 REPLIES 8
MatthewKnight
4-Participant
(To:Uthayan)

I don't know about hiding attributes with an OIR. Did you hide them with a constraint in the Type Manager? What constraint and value?

Hi Mathew,

I tried using the constraint " com.ptc.core.rule.server.impl.GetHiddenConstraint algorithm" in OIR.

Can we hide them using constraint in the Type Manager for Particular Org; wherein all the attributes are created in Site level.

MatthewKnight
4-Participant
(To:Uthayan)

It looks like the GetHiddenConstraint on the OIR should work but I haven't tested

Hi. You might want to look at http://communities.ptc.com/message/172231#172231

Are the attributes you are trying to hide modeled?

If they are attributes you created I think need to add them to you site.xconf to be able to hide them via the OIR.

Ex for our OIR we had to add:

<Property name="wt.change2.WTChangeRequest2" overridable="true"

targetFile="codebase/com/ptc/core/rule/server/delegate/init/RuleConfigurableTypeAttribute.properties" value="name,number,lifeCycle.id,lifeCycle,teamTemplate,teamTemplate.id,folder.id,organization.id,description,needDate,change_proposedChanges,theCategory,theComplexity"/>

Then you can use the OIR to hide them.

<AttrConstraint id="theComplexity" algorithm="com.ptc.core.rule.server.impl.GatherAttributeConstraints">

<Value algorithm="com.ptc.core.rule.server.impl.GetServerAssignedConstraint"/>

<Value algorithm="com.ptc.core.rule.server.impl.GetHiddenConstraint"/>

</AttrConstraint>

Thanks Mathew for your suggestion..Let me try the same and let you know.

Hi Mathew,

I got the following error ( as below image) in the create part UI after performing the steps.

In the site.xconf the following had been added

<Property name="wt.part.WTPart" overridable="true" targetFile="codebase/com/ptc/core/rule/server/delegate/init/RuleConfigurableTypeAttribute.properties"

value="number,name,lifeCycle,lifeCycle.id,teamTemplate,teamTemplate.id,folder.id,organization.id,COMPONENT_CATEGORY,Customer,Description,Manufacturer 1,Manufacturer Part No 1,PROJECT_NUMBER,ROHS Compliance,Project Name"

" Need to hide ROHS Compliance "

In theOIR the following had been added

<AttrConstraint id="ROHS Compliance" algorithm="com.ptc.core.rule.server.impl.GatherAttributeConstraints">
<Value algorithm="com.ptc.core.rule.server.impl.GetServerAssignedConstraint"/>
<Value algorithm="com.ptc.core.rule.server.impl.GetHiddenConstraint"/>
</AttrConstraint>

Kindly let me know the above procedure is correct.Picture1.jpg

Hello Uthayan Sir,

How r u ?

i need your help to solve this issue.

it is possible to rehost the Windchill 8.0M040 from "testplm.ttrpune.com" to "tatatoyoplm.tachogroup.com"

Thanks,

Vivek Uchekar

Top Tags