cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

How To Generate Reports In Windchill

kchaithanya
8-Gravel

How To Generate Reports In Windchill

Hi All,

Good Day To You..

I want to generate reports in Windchill  as per Product wise, year wise etc.

I've installed business reporting for 10.2 M030 and could able to open Cognos in  browser.

I'm struggling for generating reports as doing this for first time.

Need steps  to perform this task.

Thanks In Advance

Regards

Krishna Chaithanya.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Any working Windchill User ID  will work fine for cognos admin user.

The value used for the wt.cognos.namespace property must match the Namespace ID value in the Cognos Configuration tool, which by default is AdministrativeLDAP. If you have changed the Namespace ID value, then you must use that new value for the wt.cognos.namespace property.

It is worth reading through - http://support.ptc.com/cs/help/windchill_hc/wc102_hc/index.jspx?id=WCInstall_WCBusinessReportPostInstall&action=show

Thanks

Binesh Kumar

Barry Wehmiller

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Windchill OOTB Cognos reports are available in Context > Reports. If it is a product, Product > Reports. When you have Cognos installed, the reports will run on Cognos in the backend and display the results. If you don't have Cognos, then basic HTML page will get displayed.

reports.jpg

If you want to create custom report, Report Management Utility is place where you create reports - http://www.ptc.com/cs/help/windchill_hc/wc102_hc/index.jspx?id=QBReportMgrAbout&action=show . There are a lot of existing reports shared by the user community   You can download and import the reports to your system.

If you want to create reports and run it through Cognos from Windchill. Follow - https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS148905

Thanks

Binesh Kumar

Hi Binesh,

Thanks For Your Response

Actually, I want to create a report and run it through Cognos from Windchill.

As you mentioned, I've created a sample report through  Windchill site -> Utilities->Report Management and exported it as QML on my desktop.

Opened Cognos through URL and launched report studio but there I'm unable to find any import option to import already exported QML.

Please  suggest me for this.

Thanks And Regards

Krishna Chaithanya

Hi,

As you mention it is 10.2 M030. you have to update the  WBR fix patch. the run the following commands to load the reports.

run into shell

1. windchill com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.report.ReportHelper modelupdate

2.  windchill com.ptc.windchill.cognos.CognosProxy loadreports <WindchillHome>\loadFiles\cognosReports\pdml

3.  windchill com.ptc.windchill.cognos.CognosProxy loadreports <WindchillHome>\loadFiles\cognosReports\wnc

4. ant -f <Windchillhome>/installer/wnc/wbr_actions.xml

5. Clear the windchill and browser cache --> Restart the windchill

Regards

Lavish Sharma

After creating report/QML you have to run below command so that your QML will be available in Congons  > Report studio >  Importable objects tab (in source)

windchill com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.report.ReportHelper modelupdate

cognos.png

once your report is available in congos then Use the Toolbox tab to add a varietyof objects to the report i.e. Image, Tables , Hyperlinks.etc…

cognos.png

Hope  it helps!!!

Thanks

Shreyas

Hi Shreyas,

The above mentioned command is resulting  error.

error.jpg

Look for detailed error in Method Server and cogserver.log

From my notes -

Review the bellow in wt and db.properties. We should ensure that the username and password for cognos admin is right as well

• wt.auth.trustedHostswt.auth.trustedHosts
  • wt.cognos.namespace  should be set to AdministrativeLDAP
  • wt.cognos.endpointUrl
  • wt.cognos.externalUrl
  • wt.cognos.admin.password
  • wt.cognos.admin.password

Thanks

Binesh Kumar

Barry Wehmiller

Actually I've given Windchill admin password when it prompts as I'm not getting Cognos admin password(I've lost it)

Also Ive noticed from db.properties that wt.cognos.namespace is set to Windchill , but the actual ldap properties are seems to be different. Please check below screen shots.

ldap3.jpg

ldap2.jpg

ldap1.jpg

Any working Windchill User ID  will work fine for cognos admin user.

The value used for the wt.cognos.namespace property must match the Namespace ID value in the Cognos Configuration tool, which by default is AdministrativeLDAP. If you have changed the Namespace ID value, then you must use that new value for the wt.cognos.namespace property.

It is worth reading through - http://support.ptc.com/cs/help/windchill_hc/wc102_hc/index.jspx?id=WCInstall_WCBusinessReportPostInstall&action=show

Thanks

Binesh Kumar

Barry Wehmiller

Hi All,

I'm now able to generate reports in Cognos.

I've run above mentioned activities in Windchill and did some changes in site.xconf and finally achieved it.

Thanks to all of you for quick response and suggestions which really helped alot

Regards

Krishna Chaithanya

BhushanNehe
14-Alexandrite
(To:kchaithanya)

Hi Krishna,

Can you mark the appropriate answer as correct,to help others in the community.

Regards,

Bhushan

Top Tags