cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

How can I bulk remove users from windchill?

sconrad
1-Newbie

How can I bulk remove users from windchill?

Can anyone tell me how can I bulk remove users from windchill 10.2 please?

I can only import 50 users in to the participant administration and I have to remove 1400+ disconnected users.

Is there a way that I can remove all disconnected users at once?

Thank you in advance for any guidance you can give.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you are familiar with the database side, you can update the DB tables directly

1. delete from RemoteObjectInfo where idA3A3=<idA2A2 from "select ida2a2 from wtuser where name like '%USERNAME%>;
  2. delete from OwningRepositoryLocalObject where idA3B5=<idA2A2 from "select ida2a2 from wtuser where name like '%USERNAME%>;
  3. Update WTUser set name=’{wt.org.wtuser:’ + CAST(idA2A2 as varchar) + ‘}’ + name, disabled=1, repairNeeded=0 where idA2A2=<"select ida2a2 from wtuser where name like '%USERNAME%>;

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

If you are familiar with the database side, you can update the DB tables directly

1. delete from RemoteObjectInfo where idA3A3=<idA2A2 from "select ida2a2 from wtuser where name like '%USERNAME%>;
  2. delete from OwningRepositoryLocalObject where idA3B5=<idA2A2 from "select ida2a2 from wtuser where name like '%USERNAME%>;
  3. Update WTUser set name=’{wt.org.wtuser:’ + CAST(idA2A2 as varchar) + ‘}’ + name, disabled=1, repairNeeded=0 where idA2A2=<"select ida2a2 from wtuser where name like '%USERNAME%>;

Thank you for your input. I was asked not to do it from the DB for whatever reason... I ended up removing 2800+ users 50 at a time... This is something that needs to change. I can't see a valid reason that only 50 users should be removed at once.

Since it takes 5-10 minutes for windchill to remove the users.Doing it 50 at a time took 2 days to complete. I can't imagine how long it would take of we had over 10,000 users to remove.

I think we can increase the limit by setting the property com.ptc.netmarkets.userSearch.maxCount  in wt.properties  to a higher value.

Oh, that is good to know. I'll have to look into this further when I get some time and have a lot of users to remove.

Thank you for that information.

Announcements

Top Tags