cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

How can I bulk remove users from windchill?

sconrad
1-Newbie

How can I bulk remove users from windchill?

Can anyone tell me how can I bulk remove users from windchill 10.2 please?

I can only import 50 users in to the participant administration and I have to remove 1400+ disconnected users.

Is there a way that I can remove all disconnected users at once?

Thank you in advance for any guidance you can give.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you are familiar with the database side, you can update the DB tables directly

1. delete from RemoteObjectInfo where idA3A3=<idA2A2 from "select ida2a2 from wtuser where name like '%USERNAME%>;
  2. delete from OwningRepositoryLocalObject where idA3B5=<idA2A2 from "select ida2a2 from wtuser where name like '%USERNAME%>;
  3. Update WTUser set name=’{wt.org.wtuser:’ + CAST(idA2A2 as varchar) + ‘}’ + name, disabled=1, repairNeeded=0 where idA2A2=<"select ida2a2 from wtuser where name like '%USERNAME%>;

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

If you are familiar with the database side, you can update the DB tables directly

1. delete from RemoteObjectInfo where idA3A3=<idA2A2 from "select ida2a2 from wtuser where name like '%USERNAME%>;
  2. delete from OwningRepositoryLocalObject where idA3B5=<idA2A2 from "select ida2a2 from wtuser where name like '%USERNAME%>;
  3. Update WTUser set name=’{wt.org.wtuser:’ + CAST(idA2A2 as varchar) + ‘}’ + name, disabled=1, repairNeeded=0 where idA2A2=<"select ida2a2 from wtuser where name like '%USERNAME%>;

Thank you for your input. I was asked not to do it from the DB for whatever reason... I ended up removing 2800+ users 50 at a time... This is something that needs to change. I can't see a valid reason that only 50 users should be removed at once.

Since it takes 5-10 minutes for windchill to remove the users.Doing it 50 at a time took 2 days to complete. I can't imagine how long it would take of we had over 10,000 users to remove.

I think we can increase the limit by setting the property com.ptc.netmarkets.userSearch.maxCount  in wt.properties  to a higher value.

Oh, that is good to know. I'll have to look into this further when I get some time and have a lot of users to remove.

Thank you for that information.

Top Tags