cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How do I make the Windchill logo in the header an active link?

tstacy
1-Newbie

How do I make the Windchill logo in the header an active link?

I want to be able to make the Windchill logo (or an image of my own) located in the Windchill Header an active link to somewhere else. I'm using Windchill 9.1 M060. We used to have the header image an active link in older versions of Windchill, but I haven't been able to repeat this with 9.1 M060. I'd like to have the header image take the user to our internal web portal when they click on it. Is there any way to do this?

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Theresa:

I have exactly the same need, could you please let me know if you have already figured out how to do that ?

Kind regards

Waldemar

Hi Waldemar,

I found that I was unable to make the image an active link, but I could add a link to the Navigation in the header. This was deemed acceptable by my user community. Attached is a briefing I did with my development team (scrubbed of anything company sensitive). Hope this helps.

Unfortunately, all that stuff is hardcoded in the HeaderTag class. Use something like the following script at the end of netmarkets/jsp/util/end.jspf

<script>

//This should get you started if not do what you want completely.

//Be sure to come up with something that works on all of your supported browsers

//I didn't check what happens if applLogo isn't present.

var elements = document.getElementsByClassName("applLogo");

for(var i = 0; i < elements.length; i++) {

var element = elements[i];

element.onclick = function(event) {

//var theElement = window.event.srcElement

var theElement = event.target

//Ensure that we clicked the element directly and not a child or overlaying element. eg the headerActions

if(theElement.className != null && theElement.className.indexOf("applLogo") == 0) {

window.location = "http://www.test.com";

}

}

//Most of the same stuff. Pull out and place in maybe an "isApplLogo(element)" function.

element.onmouseover = function(event) {

//var theElement = window.event.srcElement

var theElement = event.target

//Ensure that we clicked the element directly and not a child or overlaying element. eg the headerActions

if(theElement.className != null && theElement.className.indexOf("applLogo") == 0) {

//Doesn't account for inner elements. eg headerActions

theElement.style.cursor = "hand";

}

}

}

//cursor: pointer

</script>

KD
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:MatthewKnight)

Hi,

In OOTB Windchill 10.1 M040 the Windchill logo is hyperlinked to the Home Page.

Thanks,

Kaushik

Top Tags