cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How do I stop the double login when running SSL on solaris 10?

minerae
1-Newbie

How do I stop the double login when running SSL on solaris 10?

We just installed windchill 9.1 M010 on solaris 10. I setup ssl as per the advanced configuration guide. When I access PDMLink I get prompted to logon. What also happens is that when I select a link that runs a java applet I get a second prompt for my credentials. After that everything runs fine and there are no other logon prompts. How do I set up ssl so that I only have to login once?

2 REPLIES 2

Make sure that you have added the Windchill server URL to your trusted sites list in your browser, and check the box to remember passwords when you log into both Windchill and the appletfor the first time. If you are using a non-commercial certificate that is not part of thestandard root certificates chain you will need to import the intermediate and root certificate for it into <jdk>/jre/lib/security/cacerts on the Windchill server. With this in place you shouldonly see the double login the very first time you everopen an applet(on thatparticular client.)

In Reply to Andrew Miner:

We just installed windchill 9.1 M010 on solaris 10. I setup ssl as per the advanced configuration guide. When I access PDMLink I get prompted to logon. What also happens is that when I select a link that runs a java applet I get a second prompt for my credentials. After that everything runs fine and there are no other logon prompts. How do I set up ssl so that I only have to login once?

Thanks for the feedback!!

Unfortunately, we've disabled the 'Remember Password" checkbox in ie. But I haven't performed the import you mentioned (the configuration guide makes no mention of that), I'll trythat.

Top Tags