cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How do I upload tables and notes to Windchill for reuse in Creo drawings?

KevinBradberry
5-Regular Member

How do I upload tables and notes to Windchill for reuse in Creo drawings?

I have uploaded tables (.tbl) and notes (.txt) into Windchill, but when I go insert note or table from file the folder has no visible content. I tried uploading as Document and then Reference document, neither worked. Judging by the format of the content being unknown as reported by the content tab I would say that Windhchill is not recognizing the file types.

Does anybody have a good resource for uploading files into Windchill?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have loaded these types of files into Windchill through a workspace before.  You have to get Windchill to recognize them as a EPMDocument, not a WTDocument.

There is a configuration option that I think impacts this as well:  allow_import_file_extension

We have this set to include: bnd, tbl, ttf, sym, scl, dtl, pro, map, cfg, dat, win, pnt, dmt, mnu, psm

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I have loaded these types of files into Windchill through a workspace before.  You have to get Windchill to recognize them as a EPMDocument, not a WTDocument.

There is a configuration option that I think impacts this as well:  allow_import_file_extension

We have this set to include: bnd, tbl, ttf, sym, scl, dtl, pro, map, cfg, dat, win, pnt, dmt, mnu, psm

KevinBradberry
5-Regular Member
(To:mdebower)

Using that configuration option worked for me. Thanks.

Tom is also correct about importing into a Windchill workspace.

In the Open File gui, did you change the file type from Creo file to All?

I upload other files to Windchill with the 'New Document' icon.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:KevinBradberry)

I'm pretty sure that Creo can only see files that are created as EPM Documents from a Creo connected workspace.  This means the tables and notes need to be either saved from Creo directly to a workspace, or imported into a workspace using Creo's embedded workgroup manager.

If you're going to take the 'import to workspace' route, you may need to add the config options Marc DeBower‌ mentioned to get it to allow you to import them.

I don't believe there is a way to import an object from a stand-alone web browser that Creo will be able to open.  You have to use a workspace connected to a running session of Creo.

Top Tags