cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How do i auto populate an attribute?

slaw
5-Regular Member

How do i auto populate an attribute?

We are creating new parts using WTParts.  We input an orgid/Cage Code that is associated with the part.What we want is on the details page is to display the Vendor that is associated with the orgid.  For instance, if when creating the new part in the project we assign the orgid "XXXXX" that belongs to "ABC Company" we would like to have an attribute on the details page "Vendor" that displays "ABC Company" with out the user having to input both attributes.  The "Vendor" attribute needs to be able to lookup the owner of orgid "XXXXX" and display that information.

I hope I have made this somewhat clear.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Steven

4 REPLIES 4
bsindelar
6-Contributor
(To:slaw)

Allow me to propose an alternate solution:  have you looked into the SUMA module?

slaw
5-Regular Member
(To:bsindelar)

I am new to Windchill and I do not know what you mean by SUMA model nor how to incorporate it into what I need.

bsindelar
6-Contributor

SUMA is short for "Supplier Management".  It is an add-on module to PDMLink to support incorporation of manufacturers, vendors, and their parts.  You can find more information on SUMA here.

kpritchard
4-Participant

I would look at a calculated attribute as a possible solution.  I'm not sure it's the simplest or most elegant but you could do it all in the Admin Interface as opposed to customization.  It would mean a big long list of IF [cageCode] THEN [Vendor Name] value pairs that you would need to update as/if you add additional CAGE Codes/Vendors.

Top Tags