cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

How do i change an inherited attribute's contraint?

slaw
5-Regular Member

How do i change an inherited attribute's contraint?

Hello all,

This may have already been posted somewhere, but I could not find anything on it.

I have performed a subtype of Part in the Types and Attribute Manager.  I now have two issues that I cannot resolve.

1) I need to use the attribute "Default Unit" - Internal Name (defaultunit), however, the legal value list is cannot be changed from "ea|as_needed|kg|m|l|sq_m|cu_m" and I need it to be "ea|as_needed|in|ft|oz|lbs|kg|m|l|sq_m|cu_m".

2) I need to add the attribute "Organization" - Internal Name (orgid).  The users need this information to associate the parts with where they are coming from - internal/vendor.

I know Part is a modeled type and Default Unit is inherited but the legal value list does not meet our needs.  Is there a way to modify it in some way.  I have tried adding another legal value list in constraints to override the existing one, but it did not work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Steven

1 REPLY 1
slaw
5-Regular Member
(To:slaw)

I filed a ticket with PTC and was given an answer.

1. From Windchill shell, run enumcustomize

2. Navigate to wt/part/QuantityUnitRB.RB.ser from enumcustomize dialog box, open it

3. Add a new entry

4. Ensure the Selectable box is checked

5. Click Save and Continue on Build Resource dialog box 4. Exit from enumcustomize

5. From Windchill shell run: ant -f codebase\Makejar.xml

6. Clear the Tomcat cache

7. Restart Windchill server

I am posting this in case anyone else ever needs to do this.

Steven

Top Tags