cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How many people have upgraded to 10.2 F000?

ptc-4455604
2-Guest

How many people have upgraded to 10.2 F000?

We are in the process of upgrading to 10.1 M020 and after looking at documentation for both M020 and 10.2, I was wondering if I should just upgrade to M020 and then go right into an upgrade to 10.2. We are using MSSQL so its going to be painful with all the DB changes for DBCS support. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Laura

9 REPLIES 9

Laura

There are a number of companies that are running on either 10.1 M020 or 10.2 F000 - I cannot speak for individual companies but I know that those versions are the most commonly used.

You are correct that the upgrade to 10.1 M020 is critical since you are using the MS SQL database. There are DB changes for MS SQL in this release that are required before moving forward to the 10.2 releases. As mentioned in the upgrade guide, if you are going to go to 10.2 F000 run the upgrade process for 10.1 M020 and then do not start the application before upgrading to 10.2 F000. That would be the method to use when going forward to 10.2 F000 so that you do not have to go through multiple cycles of configuration file changes.

Mark

Thanks Mark,

We are going to move to M020 first and get it stabilized for awhile. Our biggest focus is getting all the updated compliance specs installed since most of our data is now coming from GDX and they are on the latest specs. I hate having to redo all the customizations again when we move to 10.2 but we decided to take the upgrade in steps. Upgrading wouldn't be as painful if you guys could automate the customization of files.

Laura

Hum... I missed this, but we are on 10.1-M020 here, upgraded to it earlier this year.

Just a quick note from some "new kids on the block..."

This week we had PTC GSO here (Babu). Excellent, very helpful experience.

Not sure when we will get WPA into production due to company process decisions tbd but all the technical areas are addressed.

Re the question - We'll plan to implement WPA 10.2 with Windchill 10.1 (M040); seems to work pefectly.

Hi Mike,

Welcome to WPA

Just wanted to second your comment - Babu is excellent! He spent time with us at Motorola, and was a pleasure to work with (as well as being technically excellent). Great PTC asset!

Anahid, thank you.

We're now "full of new knowledge." We created a whole bunch of related install / configure / etc. documents. Are they of interest to you / the group?

I'm sure they would be of interest

We created documentation as well, but our development resource is out of town. We should discuss when she's back in town. I'm just the lowly BSA, but have been involved with WPA for about 3 years now.

Hi Mike & Anahid,

I would be interested in getting copies of your documentation. Anything that helps the entire process go smoothly would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Laura

We've got all in a Windchill Project - curently sort of a hodge-podge. Will sort out and organize and refine, then post all.

Top Tags