cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to Display Windchill System attribute Drawing Revision and State in Drawing Templates.

bkontham
11-Garnet

How to Display Windchill System attribute Drawing Revision and State in Drawing Templates.

9 REPLIES 9

Did you try the system parameters - PTC_WM_REVISION,PTC_WM_ITERATION and PTC_WM_LIFECYCLE_STATE

Thanks

Binesh Kumar

Barry Wehmiller

Hi Binesh,

The above mentioned system parameters are used to display the CAD Model Revision and State. I need CAD Drawing System Parameters.

Thanks,

Bhagirath

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:bkontham)

PTC_WM_REVISION:D

PTC_WM_ITERATION:D

PTC_WM_LIFECYCLE_STATE:D

The ':D' pulls the values from the drawing file instead of the model file.

Do you really mean to display these in the Drawing Template or want the drawing template to pull these values into your drawing?

Hi Ben,

I want the drawing template to pull these values into drawing.

When I create a New Drawing using the Drawing Template, these values are not automatically updated  into Drawing. It is forcing me to enter the value of the State and Revision parameters.

Thanks,

Bhagirath

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Is your template stored inside or outside of Windchill?

If the parameters don't already exist in the template, then they won't be created in the copy (new drawing) until it is saved for the first time in Windchill.

bkontham
11-Garnet
(To:TomU)

Tom,

Template is stored inside the Windchill.

The Parameters exist in the Drawing Template. When I create a New Drawing using the template, it's prompting me to enter the value for Revision and State.

Is there anything else I have to Do?

Thanks,

AR
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock
(To:BineshKumar1)

You can view the attribute "defaultUnit" ?

You may want to look at this post for additional information: 

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

Revision ok, but have to be careful about state.  In general, the state ALWAYS is changed after the user checks in the drawing (that's the essential control point in the system).  So - Displaying the state as changed requires an Iteration.  Far, far better is to publish all and present the current state in a watermark in Creo View.

Top Tags