cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

How to Fetch Release Date for Windchill Objects using REST API

AS_9676050
3-Visitor

How to Fetch Release Date for Windchill Objects using REST API

I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 12.0 and Datecode with CPS 12.0.0.0

How to fetch the date and time when an object (Part, Document, Process Plan) was Released in Windchill using REST API ?
5 REPLIES 5
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:AS_9676050)

I cannot speak for REST API but internally, the "Released" date is going to be related to the associated lifecycle and the last transition to the Released state. This can be different than last modified so you don't want that. You have to join to the Lifecycle History table, Released state and look for the Persisted Info like Created on.  

You got me exactly. I want the persist info for Released state for the object. I was wondering as it is a common requirement for different organizations to know when their objects were released in the system, there should be an OOTB REST API for this.

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:AS_9676050)

Understand that not every company uses the same lifecycle Released as the final state. It can vary at each site but most use basic OOTB stuff. 

@AS_9676050 

I’ve written customization to determine when an object’s state was changed to X state. And when object’s previous state was changed.

I could have missed something but I found no  OOTB API to do this and wrote my own code.

How do you want to use the date? If you just want to display the date on say the object's information page, there is documentation to create an alias attribute to show the date an object's promotion or change notice date was completed

Top Tags