cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

How to activate action automatically upon Save / Check-in in PDMLink ?

ptc-4997330
1-Newbie

How to activate action automatically upon Save / Check-in in PDMLink ?

As part of an integration project I need to figure out how to update Part Data into an external system by invoking a third part WebService by the time the Part is changed (Save / Check-in) in Windchill-PDMLink.

My main concern is how to activate action to prepare data and invoke the WebService upon Save / Check-in action in Windchill once there is no Workflow / Lifecycle State change in this particular case.

Can someone help me on this subject?

Best regards

Waldemar

5 REPLIES 5
KD
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:ptc-4997330)

HI Waldemar,

I am not totally sure but may be you can use a listener to listen the event and call the web services.

Hi Waldemar,

Das is correct, You can implement a listener on event POST_CHECKIN and call your web services,

BR

MKR

KD
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:rmk)

For CheckIn events you can use WorkInProgressServiceEvent and for Save PersistenceManagerEvent.POST_MODIFY

Thanks and Regards,

Kaushik

Hi:

I have received a very good answer driving me to implement Windchill service listener to capture the Check-in user action. It sounds very great and I will implement that to capture CHECK-IN and POST-CHECK-IN events.

However, I do need some more help on implementing and register service listener into Windchill server side.

Can someone help me on that subject also?

Best regrads

Waldemar

KD
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:ptc-4997330)

Hello,

To register a listener in site.sconf you can enter following property.

<!-- Listener service -->

<Property name="wt.services.service.200019" overridable="true"

targetFile="codebase/wt.properties"

value="ext.customization.listener.CreateProjectListener/ext.customization.listener.CreateProjectListenerService"/>

The number after “wt.services.service.” can be any number but it must be unique for every listener service.

Top Tags