cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to copy/link CAD data to PDMLink folders from workspace?

aakolkar
4-Participant

How to copy/link CAD data to PDMLink folders from workspace?

Hi Fellow Windchillers,

Have created a workspace and checkedin data lies in the workspace. While checkin was able to specify the PDM Link folder. There is a link to the CAD data both in the folders and in the workspace. But now I want to link or copy the CAD data from the workspace to the PDMLink folders. Please let me know how this can be done.

Windchill 8.0 M030 and Wildfire 3.0

Thanks,

Amol

6 REPLIES 6

Hi Amol,

Could you please explain a bit more on the use case? Are you talking about copying files from Workspace to Commonspace?

Thanks

Binesh

aakolkar
4-Participant
(To:BineshKumar1)

Hi Binesh,

All the ProE data is checked in and lies in commonspace. The data is visible in workspace but I want it to be visible in the folders also. Hope this is helpful!

Thanks,

Amol

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:aakolkar)

Amol,

Is your commonspace folder view set to display CAD Documents? It's been a while since I've worked with an 8.0 instance. Can you provide a screenshot of what your commonspace looks like?

aakolkar
4-Participant
(To:LoriSood)

Hi Lori,

Have attached two images- one displaying a checked in drawing in ProE workspace and the other the same drawing being visible in folders.  The same information is visible using File>Open and browsing to workspace and folders. THis is achieved by specifying the folder during the checkin steps.  My question is- how to achieve this display at both places if the folder is not specified at the time of checkin?

01_Workspace.JPG

02_Folders_WNC_8.JPG

Thanks,

Amol

Hi Amol,

I am not sure if i understood your question correctly. The drawings that you see in Workspace is checkedin to Windchill and while checking in you don't want to explicitly specify target folder location? (is this your question)

In that case you have to modify your workspace configuration and specify the checkin location. But not sure if it exist in 8.0 as i started my hands on with WC9.1

Regards,

Shashi

I'm not sure I understand the question either. However, I believe that by default, if no location is specified upon check-in then the files will go into the root folder of the container where they are checked in (i.e. /Default).

Top Tags