cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to create a LDAP Entry Manually.

ptc-5203593
1-Newbie

How to create a LDAP Entry Manually.

we are using windchill 9.1,our test server got crashed due to some issue.So after starting the server i started the database and windchill.so resectively the method server ,background and server manager got started.but the method server and background server has been stopped automatically without any indication.We logged a call to the PTC tech support.they are claiming like this is because of the unavailable of LDAP Entry.can anyone help me to resolve the issue.i want to know is there any possiblity to create an LDAP registry Manually.

3 REPLIES 3

LDAP entries can be created/deleted/modified manually through the WindchillDS control panel. This can be started by running the control-panel script:
Windows: <WindchillDS>\server\bat\control-panel.bat

Unix: <WindchillDS>/server/bin/control-panel

When the control panel loads, click 'Manage Entries' on the left pane. This will bring up a window where you can navigate your LDAP and manually manage the entries.

Which entry are you missing? Do you have a backup of your LDAP that the entry can be recovered from?

Hi thanks for the reply,

we dont have the Ldap Back up of Test server.But our Test server is a clone of Production server.so we have the Ldap Backup of Prodcution server.any how we couldnt able to import the Ldap(Production server) into test server.So i want to create it manually for all entries.Is it Possible..?.The Method server is getting failed,because it couldnt able to find the Entries.

If you have the LDAP backup of Production what is the error you are getting while importing into Test Server?

Top Tags